The CHS Foundation, funded by charitable gifts from CHS Inc., is committed to developing the next generation of leaders in agriculture. As part of the foundation’s work centered on advancing agriculture education, it has awarded scholarships to six Colorado high school graduates. The Colorado students are among 100 students representing 23 states and Canada. Each will receive a $1,000 scholarship to cover expenses associated with their freshman year of college.
“The success of our hometown communities and rural America depends on students with a strong interest in agriculture to pursue ag-focused degrees and be the innovators to feed the world into the future,” says Nanci Lilja, president, CHS Foundation. “We’re pleased to recognize these students with scholarships and join their communities in looking forward to the important contributions they’ll make to the ag industry.”
These Wisconsin high school students are among the 2017 CHS scholarship winners:
- Paige Gaffney, Barneveld, Wis.; South Dakota State University, Agricultural Business
- Cole Jakupciak, Clayton, Wis.; University of Wisconsin – River Falls; Crop and Soil Science
- Mallory Miles, Roberts, Wis.; North Dakota State University; Animal Science
- Dawson Nickels, Watertown, Wis.; University of Wisconsin; Dairy Science
- Kayla Stott, Tomah, Wis.; Iowa State University; Food Science
- Cayley Vande Berg, Rosendale, Wis.; University of Wisconsin – River Falls, Animal Science
- Kaitlin Weishaar, Westfield, Wis.; California Polytechnic State University; Architecture/Urban Planning
An independent, external committee selected recipients based on their career goals, essays, extracurricular involvement, transcripts and reference letters. In addition to high school scholarships, the CHS Foundation funds an additional 200 scholarships for students enrolled in an agricultural-related program at colleges across the country. These scholarships range from $1,000 to $2,000 and are directly administered by more than 30 CHS partner schools. Click here for more information.
About the CHS Foundation
The CHS Foundation is funded by charitable gifts from CHS Inc., the nation’s leading farmer-owned cooperative and a global energy, grains and foods company. As a part of the CHS stewardship focus, the CHS Foundation supports organizations that develop future leaders for agriculture through education and leadership programs, improve agricultural safety and enhance community vitality in rural America. Learn more at chsinc.com/stewardship.